As we suspected, the car was a total loss. Unfortunately, even though we were paying almost double what our car payment for the past year, we were still upside down in the car. Hard to imagine. We are now wondering if we paid way too much for the car. Insurance has yet to cut us a check...but they did call to let us know that we needed to go get a new car because we can only keep the rental through Sunday. Nice.
We went last night and leased a Toyota Prius. We were really hoping to get the package two (they range from one to five) which had a back up camera, stability control for roll over accidents, etc... but the payments were just too high. The dealer had a base model they were willing to negotiate on (I guess there isn't much room to negotiate, these cars are in pretty high demands because they get 50 miles to the gallon around town!) And we just decided that was the better bet since we are out financially in other ways due to the accident.
Our main objective was just to get something good on gas, which this is. There was a $50 a month difference in price between this car and the next model up....we just couldn't justify it.
Anyhow, we are taking care of switching the insurance. I'm sure it is going to be outrageous.
Hopefully soon this will all be over. What a nightmare.
The daily adventures of
Miss Princess and Little Man
Miss Princess and Little Man
Raleigh & Aiden
Saturday, April 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I hope the Toyota works out for you! I know those are a big demand here and you can never find them. We might be getting a new van this week. We were looking at a Suburban or Tahoe but after this whole gas deal I think we're going to go ahead and just get another minivan.
So far the Toyota is nice. We have a Chrysler Town & Country so we just need a little car to get us from here to there during the week. I was just saying that I hope they develop a hybrid minivan soon...there must be something they can do to make the gas mileage better on those.
Good luck car shopping. I hate it!
I HATE insurance companies!
I totalled my Corolla (not my fault) when I was pregnant with Bug, and they paid the car off, but wouldn't give us any more to put down on a new one. Oh, AND the rental car had to be returned within 5 days.
I had no fault in the accident , and yet I am the one OUT a car...AND money. nice.
:P
Anyway, I am GLAD you weren't hurt terribly, but I sure hope that the person who caused this, realizes that what goes around comes around!
HUGS!
P.S Sheri's blog looks GREAT!!! You are AWESOME dude!
Post a Comment