The daily adventures of
Miss Princess and Little Man

Raleigh & Aiden

Friday, March 28, 2008

Moon Sand Adventure...

Today we got out the moon sand that Great Mimi and Great Papa gave Raleigh for Easter. I had a sneaking suspicion this should probably be an outdoor activity since it looked pretty messy even sealed in the little packages. I was right. Raleigh, of course, loved this just as she loves any thing that involves making a 'messy mess.'
The bucket is looking kind of empty. I think we'll have to buy some additional moon sand so that there is more to dig in. Plus, Raleigh kept forgetting about the bucket and spilling the sand out on the blanket. I think there is a fairly probability of loss when it comes to the sand.
The set came with these little molds that you pack the sand in to and then make different shapes. Moon sand has the consistency of wet beach sand, which is perfect for molding things!
I tried to get a picture of Mommy and Raleigh. Apparently Raleigh only wanted to show us her nostrils though. Gee thanks Ral!
Meanwhile Chole was running all over the yard chasing lizzards! She especially loves to do this under and around our orange tree where my Orchids are.







And immediately after this activity - Chloe was rewarded with this (please note the sarcasm):


Don't let this sad little look fool you....she knew this was coming after running around in the yard!


Aiden has turned into a super smiley and very interactive little guy! He just LOVES to smile, coo, and talk to anyone who will listen!


The perfect end to the second consecutive day of completely dry panties without any accidents! Raleigh had her very own chocolate ice cream cone! She only like it a little though...

5 comments:

Sarah said...

O' moon sand, I made the mistake and let Christopher do it in the house once, all over the carpet but it vacums up nice, much better than the floom(styrphone balls in colored goo that are still stuck in the cracks of the table). The baby is such a smiley guy. Zack is also when he isn't sick which of course he is now. Just has a little cough and a little weizing.

Lindsay said...

I love the shirt that Raleigh is wearing. Too cute.

Jana loves her mini sandbox in the garage (since we still can't play in her outside sandbox), but we'll have to try the moon sand!

What an adorable smile! I think that smile is as big as he is. :-) What a cutie!

Unknown said...

OK, Raleigh DEFINITELY looks like you, and Aiden looks like his daddy! How fun!

I LOVE my new header!

We are going to have to get some of that moon sand. I have seen it in the store and now seeing someone actually using it, it looks SO fun!

Sabrina said...

Ahh! Love moonsand! I love how you can collect it all into a big ball when your done. I am so jealous of your nice weather!! Cute pics!

Jen said...

Great pics! I didnt realize how big Aiden has gotten!!

YAY for Ral on another dry day!!