The daily adventures of
Miss Princess and Little Man

Raleigh & Aiden

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Nothing but Net...

In an ongoing effort to do more with Raleigh during the days we took her to a little park nearby our house today. Chris insisted on bringing our basketball (since we don't play, I am still wondering why we have this basketball?!). We packed up Aiden and all the baby stuff, then got Raleigh in the car and headed out.

Unfortunately, when we arrived we soon discovered that the overnight showers had gotten the park a little wet. The basketball courts were OK though, so we headed there first! Chris showed Raleigh how to dribble the ball and how to shoot some hoops. Daddy bounced her the ball and she tried to catch it.



If she winds up playing basketball, it won't be because Chris and I taught her so well. She definately would be taking after her Poppy! He was a pretty amazing basketball player in his day.... I guess he'll have to come be her personal coach!


Infact the playground was pretty much unusable. We had one small towel in the van which we used to dry off the swing and one of the slides. I must say, Raleigh is pretty funny. She was very irritated that her crocs got wet and the grass and sand were sticking to them. She kept saying "Oh no daddy, there's grass on my crockies. Take them off!" So cute!




While we were there the sky got very cloudy and kind of looked like it was going to rain again, so we promised Raleigh we'd come back another day when it was dry. She still was a little sad all the way to the car. She's been saying "IS the playground fun Mommy? Yes it is fun!"

Yesterday Raleigh and I 'baked cookies' - they were just the ones from the supermarket that come in a package. She punched out all the heart shapes and put them on the baking sheet. Then I baked them while she was eating lunch. Aiden watched from his bumbo seat!

Punching out the cookies:




Trying to sneak come cookie dough!

So yummy!

6 comments:

Kristi Ann said...

She is sooo adorable. I love her pigtails!!!
Good thing it is getting warmer out, we can do more outside! :)

LOVE the pictures!! How were the cookies?

Joy said...

She is a crack up! I love the pictures of both her and Aiden. You are such a funny family. :)

Kristine said...

What fun with the basketball. Savannah is full out bawling when I tell her we have to come home from the park. I love Raligh's glasses!! And her apron. Where did you find it?

Sabrina said...

Cute pics! Looks like a blast! You should find her one of those small Little Tykes goals to play with at home. My kids love the one we have.

Kristi Ann said...

tagged

S said...

much too cute! I just love her outfit!