The daily adventures of
Miss Princess and Little Man

Raleigh & Aiden

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Bad Day...

Tonight on the way home from work someone wasn't paying attention. They started to merge into my car and ran me off the road. I was heading straight for a steel post, so I slammed on the brakes and turned the wheel hard to miss the post. My car spun out of control and flipped over in a ditch of water. I had to swim out the window. The other car drove away without ever stopping to see if I was alive. Some very nice people stopped to help me get out of the car. I'm sure that they were put there to remind me that not everyone is a complete jerk like the person who drove off. The car is totalled. I am ok, thank goodness, just lots of cuts, scratches, and bruises. I am sure I am going to be super sore tomorrow. I am so glad I was alone in the car. Judging from how the car seats looked hanging from the seats, the kids would have been hurt really badly. I am very thankful that God spared me from something much worse.

10 comments:

Sarah said...

omg, I'm glad your ok. Its a really good thing that the kids weren't with you. Make sure your insurance pays you for both carseats whenever a carseat is in an accident they are suppose to pay for another, no matter if kids are in them or not.

Sabrina said...

I had to read this twice because I thought you were joking! OMG! I can't believe people! I'm so glad you are alright and yes thank God the kids weren't with you because this could have been so much worse.

Unknown said...

CHELSEA! I read this on Scott's phone and could hardly believe I was on your blog! How SCARY! This is honestly my worst nightmare - to be stuck in the water in a car with the kids - thank GOD you are safe and that they weren't with you!

God was in the car with you today!

Angela said...

I can't believe the other car didn't even stop to see if you were okay. I'm glad that someone else stopped to help you. I hope you aren't feeling too sore today.

Kristine said...

I can't believe the other car did not stop!! That is total flash backs for me and my wreck but I was not in water. That is totally scary. It is a good thing the kiddos weren't with you. Although it was awful to go through that it sounds like someone was watching over you. Glad your okay.

Lindsay said...

Oh honey! I'm so glad you are okay and so glad the kids weren't with you. How scary! As someone else said, that is my BIGGEST fear, too.

I'm so sorry this happened, but I'm so glad you are safe.

Did the other people catch the license plate?

(((HUGS)))

Lori said...

OMG!! I'm so glad that you are ok and that the kids weren't with you!! ((((hugs)))) How are you feeling today?

The Expat said...

Lin e-mailed me... I was just shaking at work. I can't even believe it. I'm so, so glad you're alright and that the kids weren't with you. Not that I'm much help up here, but let me know if you need anything. Love you!

The Queen said...

How horrible! Glad you are ok. Hope you aren't too misserable tomorrow!

Jen said...

WOW I am so happy you are ok! How horrible the other car didnt stop!!